Monday, August 6, 2012

Lavender Vodka



"If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor."

~Nicholas de Chamfort



Time for another instalment from my Cool Stuff series where I feature stuff I love, mostly handmade, and a drink recipe! I vowed to write these every weekend, but I missed a few, so let's just say I'm going to do it whenever it happens. I don't like to make rules, or abide by them, for that matter.

I got this lavender vodka idea from Mindy at Rindy Mae in her Annual Christmas Gift Exchange post where she talks about how she made lavender infused vodka as a Christmas gift. She mentioned it in the comments of my Lavender Lemonade, and I thought, "What a great idea!" I made some, added it to the lavender lemonade, and wow, it's just heaven in a glass. Such a great drink for a hot summer night. So I made some more to take a photo of and share with you! (Since I love you so much.)  And hey, I'm going to drink it now!

Thanks for the idea, Mindy!

Recipe below, but first, here's some cool stuff.



From The Kitchen Of Personalized Labels Label your jam or homemade bread with style with these made for you labels, by Curious London




Canvas Messenger Bag, Hand Painted ..And the sign said... From the maker -"This French phrase basically translates to “No campers or nomads permitted.”When I saw a photo of this actual French sign I knew I had to paint it on a canvas bag. So here’s my tribute to all the campers, nomads and gypsies everywhere! And with this bag – you are permitted to carry it Everywhere!! "  By CLP Studio- I love it!


Iphone 4 Case-pink butterfly-sparkle case-glittery - What a pretty case for your Iphone!  by Vintage Chic Images


30 Permanent Self Adhesive Chalkboard Labels- By JS Crafty Studio - I see these all over, and every time I do, I just love them! Gotta get me some, they're so clever for jars and storage.



Vintage Map Thank You Stickers, package of 20 handwritten stickers calligraphy- by KisforCalligraphy - I love these handmade stickers, and everything else that comes from this shop! I ordered a handmade custom stamp from her, and I love it!



Vintage Liqueur Glasses available at my Etsy shop, House of Lucien.

 
Never miss a post! Like The Alchemist on Facebook!
 

You don't exactly need a recipe for infusing vodka. Add some flavored stuff to vodka (here it would be the lavender), shake it up, wait a few days, and it will be flavored. If you've never done it before maybe you might want to follow some loose guidelines, so I've provided a recipe below. When I've done this I haven't made a full bottle, I've added about a teaspoon of lavender flowers to about a cup of vodka, and shook it up whenever I thought about it, waited for 2 days and it's ready. Add it to my Lavender Lemonade and experience total bliss in a glass.




Lavender Vodka

Recipe from Just A Pinch


Ingredients


1 750 ml bottle vodka

2 Tablespoons dried lavender

Directions
Place lavender in a clean 1-quart jar. Using a wooden spoon, lightly crush lavender flowers against the side of the jar after adding vodka.
Cover jar tightly with a non metallic lid (or cover jar with plastic wrap and tightly seal with a metal lid). Let stand in the freezer for 4 days.
Pour vodka through a fine mesh sieve to remove all solids. Return infused vodka to original bottle. Or to give as a gift, pour infused vodka into a decorative jar. Label and seal. Place jar in the freezer up to 3 months to store.

3 comments:

Fruit cocktail recipes said...

I love that this has lavender in it! I bet it’s very refreshing! When I've done this I haven't made a full bottle, I've added about a teaspoon of lavender flowers to about a cup of vodka, and shook it up whenever I thought about it, waited for 2 days and it's ready.

Mindy said...

Isn't it soooo good!? Like, too good. :o)
Thanks for the shout out and the link back!
Now I wish I had a bottle of vodka to doctor up!

Julie said...

Thank you so much for sharing my chalkboard labels with your viewers! Totally appreciate it!
Julie