Saturday, October 20, 2012

Strawberry Hot Chocolate



To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.”
 
- Elbert Hubbard




I love me some hot chocolate when the weather is chilly. At night I usually drink some hot tea or hot chocolate since it warms me up from the inside as well as satisfies my sweet tooth.

I used white chocolate chips - 4 heaping Tablespoons

I thought of mixing it up by making some strawberry hot chocolate. I always have frozen strawberries in the freezer, and white chocolate chips on hand, so it was a cinch to put together.


Melting the chocolate chips in the milk

I think this is a drink that adults as well as children would love!



Pureeing strawberries for my strawberry puree (these were previously frozen since strawberries aren't in season.)
 
 
So make up some strawberry hot chocolate, start a fire and play some board games as a family. Doesn't that sound fun? 
 

My strawberry puree
 



Never miss a post! Like The Alchemist on Facebook!
 



Vintage Mikado Teacups available at my Etsy Shop, House of Lucien.
 


Strawberry Hot Chocolate

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups (355 ml) milk - I used whole milk

4 Heaping Tablespoons white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate - I used Guittard

3 Tablespoons sugar - or more to taste

1/2 cup (118 ml) strawberry puree - From pureeing strawberries (unsweetened, fresh or frozen, if frozen, thawed first) in a blender or food processor - if you are using sweetened strawberry puree you probably don't need the added sugar above

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract -optional

Pink food coloring - optional - fyi - strawberries alone don't get milk very pink - I added it

Whipped cream for topping - optional

Sprinkles for topping - optional


Directions

In a small saucepan add the milk, white chocolate chips and sugar. Cook it on medium high heat stirring frequently until the white chocolate is melted. Add the strawberry puree and cook until it is your desired temperature (very warm or hot.) Taste it and see if you think it needs more sugar, if so, add some, taste, adjust to your liking. Add vanilla extract if using. If you are using food coloring add a little at a time until it becomes a color you like.

Note: there will be strawberry seeds in the bottom of your cup. If that bothers you, then pour it through a fine mesh strainer before serving.

Pour into cups and top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.

43 comments:

Daphne Bryson said...

Good afternoon to you, My, oh, my, Strawberry Hot Chocolate sounds utterly divine, strawberries, chocolate chips and cream, what more could a girl want. Absolutely Fabulous. Have a wonderful day. Best Wishes Daphne

Anne Maskell said...

This sounds heavenly! Your presentation looks lovely too. Thanks for the recipe!

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

I found you through Flour me with Love. I would love for you to come share this on my Farm Girl Blog Fest. Very creative, I love it, especially the sprinkles ! Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-5.html

Jenny Yarbrough said...

I have never heard of Strawberry Hot Chocolate! It looks so beautiful! I love the sprinkles. :)

I'd love to have you link up with my party at The Southern Institute! Do you have a sec to come by and link up with us? Here's the link: http://thesoutherninstitute.com/2012/10/creative-me-linky-party-7.html/

Follow along to! I think you'd enjoy the blog!

Blessings,
Jenny

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try this! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Erin TableforSeven said...

That looks delicious and lovely. What a great recipe!

Lynn @ UpCountry Olio said...

That is the prettiest cup of cocoa I have ever seen! I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing this!!
~Lynn

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

That color is irresistible!!! Love the flavors in this hot chocolate!!!

Maria said...

Ohhh this looks beautiful AND delicious!!! Love those teacups too! So pretty!

Chelsea Peart said...

Thanks for sharing! I pinned it for my husband, he loves strawberry stuff!
Chelsea
www.asilivewithanxiety.blogspot.com

Heather Kinnaird said...

looks lovely

Erika said...

How pretty and scrumptious! I love all things strawberry and chocolate, so this sounds like a winning combination. Thanks for sharing. :)

Pint Sized Baker said...

How Pretty and so girly! Perfect for a little girls tea party, minus the tea of course.

Eliza Kay said...

I need this now! I pinned it right away so I can remember to make it later!

I found you at the Anti-Procrastination Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower:) Come say hi!

http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

Smart! School {House} said...

AHHHHH it's pink! I just LOVE coming here and seeing what yummy things you are up to:) Thanks for coming to party with us at Whimsy Wednesday!

Kelly,
Smart! School {House}
www.smartschoolhouse.com

WTFab said...

This is such a great idea! Would love if if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box said...

I love hot chocolate, too, but I've never tried a strawberry variation! Sounds really yummy. Pinning :)

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Firstly it's pink so I love it. It's strawberry another win and I can look all fancy making it for the family - pinning this, thanks for sharing stopping by from wildly original linky

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Firstly it's pink so I love it. It's strawberry another win and I can look all fancy making it for the family - pinning this, thanks for sharing stopping by from wildly original linky

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. Have a GREAT week! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

Sarah Carletti said...

Love this!

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh my goodness...I must try this! My kids will love it!

Just Us Girls said...

strawberry hot chocolate, OMG, this sounds delicious! Found you from over at Foodtastic Friday, looking forward to more recipes from you and definitely bookmarking this one!

Lori Ann said...

Love. Absolutely love your blog (and the strawberry hot chocolate recipe)

your newest follower :)

Nancy at maddalee™ said...

Hi, this looks so fun for a "tea" party! I am now a follower, thank you so much for sharing.

Have a good day, Nancy

Stephanie Michaels said...

Wow, that looks delish! I wasn't sure until I saw real strawberries and white chocolate, YES! We will have this soon. Thanks for linking up on Super Sweet Saturday.
Steph

Tina from A Few Pretty Things said...

It looks delicious!

bj said...

This looks sooo good..can't wait to try it.
Over from Sweets for ......

Marti Cooper said...

That looks so good! I can't wait to try it. I'm hosting a SHOW-licious Craft Showcase party if you would like to be a part of. :)
http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/

Miz Helen said...

This is a lovely presentation for this awesome Hot Coco, wish I had a cup right now. Have a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Becolorful said...

How pretty is that? Very! Makes me want to host a girly party. :D Thanks for sharing.
p

Marti Cooper said...

Hello! Thank you for participating at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! :) I host it every weekend so I hope you return to post more of your great things!

Have a great week!

http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

xoxo,
Marti

megan {homemade ginger} said...

My girls would freak out over this! So fun!
I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

megan {homemade ginger} said...

My girls would freak out over this! So fun!
I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

Smart! School {House} said...

Hi! This is being featured today for Whimsy Wednesday! The new party starts soon:) Beautiful recipe and pictures!

We love that you party with us,
Kelly at Smart! School {House}
http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

Heather said...

I've never thought of strawberry hot chocolate before! This sounds like a heavenly drink. I'm going to file this away for when it gets really cold. Probably will skip on the colouring although the pink is very cute, but sprinkles are a must!

Carrie said...

Oh, that sounds really good!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great week end and enjoy your new Red Plate.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Heidi said...

What a creative and original recipe. Your hot chocolate looks as good as I'm sure it tastes. We are gluten free at our house, and this looks like a perfect GF treat. I'd love for you to visit my Gluten-Free Monday party at OneCreativeMommy.com and link up this and any other GF idea you would like to share. I hope to see you there.

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-7-country-craft.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick

city said...

thanks for sharing.

Bluebell Woods said...

wow I think my heart stopped just reading the ingredients but it looks ever so nice
Janice

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Looks fabulous, Melissa. I featured this in today's The Tuesday Ten! Thanks bunches for stopping by the new year's eve edition of Mop It Up Mondays! You always link up such awesome stuff! http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2013/01/the-tuesday-ten.html
{HUGS},
kristi

ShareThis